Monday, March 8, 2010

Entry #3 - Goodbye to a Friend

You know those habits people randomly get into, those minute things in life that really don’t make a difference? I realized one of mine today...the moment it got interrupted.

For some reason I love sitting on the train facing forward going into the city, but facing backwards as I leave the city. But today the only seats open as I was leaving the city, were ones facing forwards. It felt odd and, well, slightly awkward.

After a moment of pondering I came up with the reason.

I thoroughly enjoy watching the city comes closer to me in the morning, and the beauty of it as I turn to leave it in the evening. It is like saying hello and goodbye to a dear friend. Each day you say your hellos and goodbyes, even when you’re going to see them the next day, and the day you miss the opportunity to say goodbye life seems askew...until you can right the wrong.

So, dear city, I am sorry the proper goodbyes were not given today, I shall make it up to you tomorrow. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Website Hit Counter